Ever been surprised by an out of office teammate? Wondering if your team has enough Focus Time to complete the work they need to?
Now with Clockwise Teams, you'll be able to group the colleagues you work with the most to ensure you stay up to date on information you care about.
In this article, you'll learn about the Clockwise Teams features including:
- Team availability calendar that automatically syncs your teammates' OOO and WFH events for one single source of truth on your team's availability
- Team No Meeting Day that allows you to reserve one day a week across your team for focused work
- Analytics grouped by team that breaks down the Focus Time, meeting time, and fragmented time of your teammates
Clockwise Teams also provide:
- Updates on teammates that are out of the office in your Clockwise feed, your week in review email, and Slack
- Updates on teammates that are low on Focus Time in your Clockwise feed and your week in review
If you're looking for information about how to create or join a team, check out the article here.
Team availability calendar
Instead of updating your personal calendar and your shared team calendar, each teammate will only have to update their own calendar and the OOO or WFH days will automatically sync with your team availability calendar, making sure it is always up to date.
From now on, you can use this calendar as your single source of truth for your team's availability.
In order for the event to sync to the team calendar, it has to make the inference fairly obvious in the title. Make sure your event has words like the following in the title:
- Out of Office, OOO, PTO, Vacation
- Events that are blocked off on your calendar will be treated differently depending on the duration.
Duration of event block
Team availability calendar Sync
Will not sync
90 min - 6 hours
All-day event with time range included
All-day event with no time range
Turning on Slack sync for team availability calendar
In addition to having access to your team availability calendar, you can set up daily notifications in Slack to keep everyone up to date on your team's availability. Head over to "Manage the team" to turn on your Slack sync. From here you'll need to decide which Slack channel you'd like to send the update to and what time you'd like the update to be sent on a daily basis:
Updates will include who is working from home, out of the office for a longer duration and out of the office for a portion of the day.
For more on Clockwise's team availability calendar, click here.
Team No Meeting Day
It's nice to look forward to one, full meeting free day where your entire team has committed to getting 8 hours of heads-down time. Many organizations have implemented no meetings days into their work culture to increase productivity but without the capability built directly into the calendar, it can be hard to maintain as the culture changes, teams grow, or if meeting norms are different between cross-functional groups.
Now with Clockwise for Teams, you can designate a day to avoid scheduling meetings making it easier than ever to reserve one day a week to truly be meeting-free.
How does team no meeting day work?
- Meetings on Autopilot, that have been designated to move within week, will avoid no meeting days
- Meetings scheduled using Clockwise's Scheduler will avoid no meeting days
- If the automatic email is enabled, colleagues that schedule a meeting on your no meeting day will get an automatic reply prompting them to reschedule.
Setting up team no meeting day
To turn on and select your team no meeting day, go to Menu>Your Teams. Select the team you'd like to manage for no meeting day. Go to Manage Team and then toggle on Create a no-meeting day for your team on and select the day that you'd like to designate as a no meeting day.
There are two elements to Team no-meeting day:
- Avoid scheduling on no meeting days with Autopilot and Scheduler:
- To maximize your no-meeting day, make sure most of your flexible meetings and 1:1's are on Autopilot.
- Discourage internal colleagues scheduling on no meeting days by enabling Autoreply:
- The auto-reply will send an automatic email to all internal colleagues that try to schedule a meeting on your team's no meeting day - this is optional.
- Clockwise will not automatically reschedule that meeting, it will be up to your colleague to reschedule the meeting after they receive the email:
Disabling no meeting day for an individual
If your team likes to commit to a no meeting day but you prefer not to participate, you can always disable the team no meeting day just for yourself.
Go to Menu>Your Teams>Select your team>Your Settings then toggle off "Keep [no meeting day] meeting-free for me when possible"
For more on Clockwise's No Meeting Day, click here.
Team Analytics surfaces how much Focus Time and meeting time your teammates have. Click on the team you'd like to see from the drop-down menu, choose the time period you'd like to view, then click on an individual avatar or card to view deeper information. Team analytics is only available from the Clockwise Chrome extension.
For more on Team Analytics, click here.
If you have any questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com.