For the Clockwise Slack app to work, you will need both a Clockwise account and a Slack account. Currently, you can't create a Clockwise account in Slack, so you have to sign up via the Clockwise chrome extension or by visiting the Clockwise Web App.
When an individual installs the Slack app for the first time, they will be presented with the below authorization screen:
Explanation of permission requested and access required
- Content and information about user
- Validation required to confirm the user has access to the Slack account attempting to be synced with Clockwise
- Basic information about public channels
- Allows access and correct functionality of Team availability Slack sync notification settings
- View messages and other content in direct messages that Clockwise has been added to
- Allow user to reply to a message in Clockwise bot direct message
- View Do Not Disturb for people in your workspace
- Enable Automatic do not disturb feature
- View people in your workspace
- Allows for inviting colleagues within Slack
- Edit your Do Not Disturb settings
- Edit profile information and status
- View messages that directly mention @clockwise
- This permission is not currently utilized however will make future functionality possible
- Send messages as @clockwise
- Send messages to channels @ clockwise isn't a member of
- Allows for the Team availability Slack sync to update channels chosen by users
- Start direct messages with people
- Add shortcuts / slash commands
- Allows users to access Clockwise settings with /cw settings command
Slack account says "Update Now"
As Clockwise adds new features to the Slack integration, we periodically need to request access to different permissions within Slack. Because we never ask for more than we need, and we can't add them without your approval, we will prompt you to update your Slack integration to approve adding these permissions.
For example, when we released the ability to automatically put Slack in Do Not Disturb mode, we needed to request access to "modify your workspace's Do Not Disturb settings".
Have any other Slack questions? We're happy to answer them! Email us anytime at email@example.com.