It's nice to look forward to one, full meeting free day where your entire team has committed to getting 8 hours of heads-down time. Many organizations have implemented no meetings days into their work culture to increase productivity but without the capability built directly into the calendar, it can be hard to maintain as the culture changes, teams grow, or if meeting norms are different between cross-functional groups.
Now with Clockwise for paid teams, you can designate a day to avoid scheduling meetings making it easier than ever to reserve one day a week to truly be meeting-free.
How does team no meeting day work?
- Flexible meetings, that have been designated to move within week, will avoid no meeting days
- Meetings scheduled using Clockwise's Scheduler will avoid no meeting days
- If the automatic email is enabled, colleagues that schedule a meeting on your no meeting day will get an automatic reply prompting them to reschedule.
Setting up team no meeting day
To turn on and select your team no meeting day, go to Menu>Your Teams. Select the team you'd like to manage for no meeting day. Go to Manage Team and then toggle on Create a no-meeting day for your team on and select the day that you'd like to designate as a no meeting day.
There are two elements to Team no-meeting day:
- Avoid scheduling on no meeting days with flexible meetings and Scheduler:
- To maximize your no-meeting day, make sure most of your flexible meetings and 1:1s are marked as flexible.
- Discourage internal colleagues scheduling on no meeting days by enabling Autoreply:
- The auto-reply will send an automatic email to all internal colleagues that try to schedule a meeting on your team's no meeting day - this is optional.
- Clockwise will not automatically reschedule that meeting, it will be up to your colleague to reschedule the meeting after they receive the email:
Disabling no meeting day for an individual
If your team likes to commit to a no meeting day but you prefer not to participate, you can always disable the team no meeting day just for yourself.
Go to Menu > Your Teams > Select your team > Your Settings then toggle off "Keep [no meeting day] meeting-free for me when possible"