Find your question answered below:
- Can I edit my Focus Time event?
- Can I change my event visibility settings?
- Are the Focus Time events marked as busy or free?
- If my calendar changes, how quickly will the Focus Time event update?
- What is the minimum duration for a block of Focus Time? Can I customize that duration?
- Can I disable alert notifications for Focus Time events?
- How do I delete a Focus Time event from my calendar?
- What happens when I don't see Focus Time scheduled on my calendar?
- Why don't I see Focus Time on my calendar set after three weeks?
- Can I manually add a Focus Time hold?
Can I edit my Focus Time event?
Yes, Clockwise allows you to manually edit your Focus Time events. With this option, you can edit the title of the event to your liking, drag up to shorten or down to increase the duration, or simply edit the event description to add details of what you want to work on during that Focus Time window.
Can I change my event visibility settings?
Yes - you can change your settings at any time from the Smart Holds section of the Settings menu. Please note that this setting tells Clockwise how to treat the event in google. Setting it Free means Clockwise can still suggest these times for you someone to book with you. Whereas setting it busy means Clockwise will not suggest those times for you someone to book with you.
Are the Focus Time events marked as busy or free?
You can choose how your Focus Time is displayed in your calendar between busy and free. Settings>Focus Time, lunch, and travel time>Focus Time>Availability during Focus Time
If my calendar changes, how quickly will the Focus Time event update?
Clockwise Focus Time events are updated in real time – if there is a change to your calendar that impacts your Smart Holds, they will update within minutes.
What is the minimum duration for a block of Focus Time? Can I customize that duration?
The minimum duration for a Focus Time block is 2 hours. Read more about Focus Time here. Unfortunately, that minimum time threshold can't currently be customized.
Can I disable alert notifications for Focus Time events?
Yes. Turn Focus Time notifications off in Settings>Focus Time, lunch, and travel time. Otherwise, alerts will align with your GCal settings.
How do I delete a Focus Time event from my calendar?
- To delete a Smart Hold, click on the event in your calendar, then click on the "Delete this Hold" button from the Event Details view in the chrome extension. If you delete the blocks from any other location, they will be recreated.
- If you're using the web app, find the link to settings through the event details.
To access your Focus Time events from settings:
- Chrome extension: Top left corner of your extension through the Menu button
- Web App: Click on your profile avatar and select from the drop down
What happens when I don't see Focus Time scheduled on my calendar?
Check your calendar to make sure you have at least 2+ free hours of open slots within your working hours and also confirm your Focus Time settings to make sure it is enabled to set whatever is available on your calendar.
Why don't I see Focus Time on my calendar set after three weeks?
Clockwise will sync Focus Time and other Smart Hold events on your calendar three weeks out; including the current week.
Can I manually add a Focus Time hold?
Yes, you can do this by creating an event with the desired duration in your g-cal and categorizing it as Focus Time in Clockwise. Check out Color Coding overview to learn more about setting it as a Focus Time event in Clockwise.
If you have any questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com.