Can I edit my Focus Time event?
Yes, Clockwise allows you to manually edit your Focus Time events. With this option, you can edit the title of the event to your liking, drag up to shorten or down to increase the duration, or simply edit the event description to add details of what you want to work on during that Focus Time window.
Are the Focus Time events marked as busy, or free?
You can change your settings at any time from the Smart Holds section of the Settings menu. Please note that this setting tells Clockwise how to treat the event in google. Setting it free means Clockwise can still suggest these times for you someone to book with you. Whereas setting it busy means Clockwise will not suggest those times for you someone to book with you.
If my calendar changes, how quickly will the Focus Time event update?
Clockwise Focus Time events are updated in real time – if there is a change to your calendar that impacts your Smart Holds, they will update within minutes.
What is the minimum duration for a block of Focus Time? Can I customize that duration?
The minimum duration for a Focus Time block is 2 hours. Read more about Focus Time here. Currently, that minimum time threshold can't currently be customized.
Can I disable alert notifications for Focus Time events?
Yes. Turn Focus Time notifications off in Settings>Focus Time, lunch, and travel time. Otherwise, alerts will align with your Google calendar settings.
How do I delete a Focus Time event from my calendar?
- To delete a Smart Hold, click on the event in your calendar, then click on the "Delete this Hold" button from the Event Details view in the chrome extension. If you delete the blocks from any other location, they will be recreated.
- If you're using the web app, find the link to settings through the event details.
To access your Focus Time events from settings:
- Chrome extension: Top left corner of your extension through the Menu button
- Web App: Click on your profile avatar and select from the drop down
What happens when I don't see Focus Time scheduled on my calendar?
- Check your calendar to make sure you have at least 2+ free hours of open slots within your working hours, and confirm your Focus Time settings to make sure it is enabled to set whatever is available on your calendar.
- Look for any events that may be causing Clockwise to see you as unavailable; holiday, out of office, or all day events with your availability set to "busy".
Why don't I see Focus Time on my calendar set after two weeks?
Clockwise will sync Focus Time and other Smart Hold events on your calendar three weeks out; including the current week.
Can I manually add a Focus Time hold?
Yes, you can do this by creating an event with the desired duration in your Google calendar, and categorizing it as Focus Time in Clockwise. Or, you can use Google's Focus Time event type, which allows you to decline any existing events (more here).
Check out Color Coding overview to learn more about setting a Focus Time event in Clockwise.