Save time for lunch every day by letting Clockwise automatically sync a lunch hold to your calendar.
In this article, you'll learn:
How lunch holds work
When you enable your Lunch events, Clockwise will automatically create a calendar event that corresponds to your lunch preferences.
These dynamic calendar events are updated in real-time as your calendar changes, so you can always have an up-to-date view of the time you have available for lunch.
Set up & Configuration
1. Go to the Settings menu and click on the "Smart Holds" section
- Chrome extension: Top left corner of your extension through the Menu button (☰) and click on Settings
- Web App: Click on your profile photo, select Menu from the drop-down, and click on Settings
2. Scroll down to "Lunch" and toggle on "Preserve Time for lunch when possible"
3. Configure your preferences for when you want to take lunch and the minimum and maximum durations.
💡Quick Tip: The more flexibility you provide in the duration and timing window, the more likely Clockwise will be able to find and protect your lunch break every day.
Manually Update Lunch Holds
Clockwise gives you the flexibility to manually update your lunch holds. To do so, simply drag the lunch hold to your desired future time on your calendar or adjust the scheduled duration.
Clockwise will then confirm when you click on the event that you have successfully updated your lunch hold to your desired time.
Once the lunch hold is manually edited, Clockwise will no longer make dynamic updates to the event.
To learn more about protecting “you” time, check out our Clockwise Academy course here!