Setting and respecting your team’s boundaries is important but it can be challenging to keep track of everyone’s schedules. It’s especially important when your team works across several time zones.
Clockwise can help you better keep track of your team’s availability so that you can respect everyone’s boundaries. Follow these four steps to start:
- Set up working hours and meeting preferences
- Create your Team Availability calendar
- Sync your team availability to Slack
- Standardize scheduling practices with smart scheduling suggestions
Encourage your team to set up their working hours and meeting preferences
No one likes having a meeting that is scheduled too early in the morning or too late in the afternoon. With coworkers across multiple time zones it can be tricky to schedule meetings that respect each person’s working hours. Encourage each member of your team to set their meeting preferences in their settings so that Clockwise knows the times they are available to meet.
- Click on the Clockwise menu
- Click "Settings"
- Click "Working hours and meeting preferences"
Be sure to set the correct time zone so Clockwise works as expected.
Team Availability Calendar
Have you ever been surprised by an out of office teammate or strolled over to a colleague's desk only to realize they were working from home that day? Clockwise automatically syncs your team's out of office and work from home events to the team calendar, so that everyone can be kept in the loop.
When your team members add OOO or WFH days to their personal calendars these events will automatically sync with your team availability calendar, making sure it is always up to date. From now on, you can use this calendar as your single source of truth for your team's availability.
To enable the team calendar:
- Click the Clockwise menu
- Click “Your Teams”
- Click on the team that you'd like the shared team calendar added to
- Go to the Manage the team tab
- Toggle on the feature "Create a shared calendar "[Team name] Calendar" for this team
📖 Click here to learn more about the Team Availability Calendar.
As remote and hybrid work becomes more of the norm, it’s hard to understand when your teammates are available and how to respect their boundaries. When you have a global team it can also be difficult to remember when your colleagues log off for the day if they are in different time zones.
With Clockwise’s Slack sync, your team is able to automatically set expectations about their availability with automatic status syncing. This will tell your team when you’re outside of your working hours, in a meeting or in Focus Time.
- Sync to Slack from your Settings>Integrations
- Click Add to Slack and choose which features of the Slack integration you’d like to use
Clockwise smart scheduling suggestions
The pain of scheduling with multiple teammates with different schedules, time zones and personal obligations is real! Encourage your team to use smart scheduling suggestions to find the most efficient time to schedule a meeting with your team. This will find the time that interrupts the least amount of Focus Time and also will respect the meeting preferences your team set up for themselves.
- To use smart scheduling suggestions, create a new meeting event, input the duration, participants, and timing, and review the suggestions for the ideal timing of your meeting.
- Add the correct meeting participants and you’ll notice the options that Clockwise provides for you will update accordingly.