Calendars are messy and it can take a lot of cognitive effort to make sure you’re managing your own schedule efficiently, let alone staying considerate of your teammates.
Here you’ll find three tips to take the work out of scheduling and make your life easier, including:
- Communicating your meeting preferences
- Using the smart scheduling suggestions
- Automatically resolving conflicts and disruptions with flexible meetings
Set your meeting preferences
Nothing is worse than having a meeting be set too early or too late in your day. This only gets more complicated when your teammates are spread out across multiple time zones. Be sure to set your meeting preferences in your settings to make sure Clockwise knows the ideal times you’d prefer to meet.
- Go to Menu>Settings>Working hours and meeting preferences
- While you’re here, be sure to set the correct time zone so Clockwise works as expected.
Use Clockwise Smart Scheduling Suggestions
The pain of scheduling with multiple teammates with different schedules, time zones and personal obligations is real! Use the smart scheduling suggestions to find the most efficient time to schedule a meeting with your team. This will find the time that interrupts the least amount of Focus Time and will respect the meeting preferences your team set up for themselves.
To use the smart scheduling suggestions, start creating a new meeting event, and you'll notice suggestions for the ideal times to meet.
- Add the correct meeting participants and you’ll notice the options that Clockwise provides for you will update accordingly.
Use flexible meetings
Using flexible meetings will remove the stress of scheduling and rescheduling meetings that are most subject to change. Let Clockwise do the hard work of finding the most efficient time to meet, maximizing Focus Time, and resolving conflicts, automatically.
You’re in control of when Clockwise moves your meetings by setting your ideal meeting preferences to ensure meetings don’t move too early or too late in your day, in addition to per meeting preferences that will control what days and times your meeting is allowed to move to.
To mark meetings flexible:
- Click into a meeting you want to make flexible (such as a recurring 1:1 event)
- Toggle on the setting that says "Flexible meeting"
- Adjust the settings to control whether it can move within the day or the week
- [Optional] Adjust the time window that this meeting should move within (only available on paid plans)
Once set, Clockwise will update your flexible meetings once a day and will never update meetings within 24 hours, making sure you can always trust tomorrow's agenda.