In this article, you’ll learn about Clockwise supported browsers and the difference between Clockwise extension and the web app, including:
- An overview of Clockwise supported browsers
- Difference between Clockwise extensions and web app
Clockwise is currently available and supported via Chrome and Firefox extensions in line with your Google calendar experience. Alternatively, you can still access Clockwise through your preferred web browser at www.getclockwise.com/app.
Clockwise works best when you use our browser extensions. If you use just the web browser, you may see some limitations in sync times and overall experience.
Differences between the Clockwise extensions and Clockwise web app
Clockwise extension experience:
- Clockwise will be in line with your Google calendar, no need to open a new tab
- All updates can be made directly from your Gcal extension or even within the Gcal UI
Clockwise Web App experience:
- Clockwise is not in line with your Google calendar, you’ll need to open another tab to access your settings or make updates
Using Clockwise with Brave browser
The value of using a browser like Brave is that it blocks ads and website trackers that maintain your privacy by not sharing cookies. However, this becomes an issue when using it with Clockwise, because Clockwise needs these cookies to provide service to end-users.
While Brave is not the ideal browser to use Clockwise, you are able to configure your Brave browser settings to make it work. See the steps below to configure:
You’ll need to change the settings for a specific site. In this case, the site you’ll be updating is getclockwise.com/app
- On your computer, open Brave.
- Go to a website.
- To the left of the web address, click the icon you see: Secure, Not secure, or Dangerous.
- Click Site settings.
- Change the permission setting. Your changes will automatically save.
Using Clockwise with Safari
Clockwise no longer supports the Safari extension due to Apple's Safari policy changes. You can still access Clockwise on your Safari browser via the web: https://www.getclockwise.com/app