Enable Focus Time
Configure your Focus Time settings to display your Focus Time events on your primary work calendar.
- Navigate to your Focus Time settings: https://www.getclockwise.com/app/focus-time
- Choose the best time of day for your Focus Time
- Choose to schedule all of your available Focus Time, or set a goal by choosing a target number of hours.
💡Note: When setting your Focus Time goal, try to pick a number that balances the time spent in meetings, how much Focus Time you need to complete your work, and how much open space you need to remain available for ad-hoc meetings. Once you decide on your target, set it as the amount of Focus Time you want each week.
Set your Focus Time preferences
Menu (☰) > Settings > Smart Holds > Focus Time
- Free - this is ideal for users who want to provide and maintain their availability to external contacts, allowing them to book time with you.
- Busy - this is ideal for users who truly want to protect their Focus Time by limiting the sense of availability on their calendar to focus on their work.
Event alerts can be great to remind you that it is time to switch modes. If you'd like to maintain the notifications for Focus Time events, Clockwise will respect the Google settings that you have enabled in your Google calendar.
If you do not want an alert to go off reminding you about Focus Time, you can disable them by going to Menu (☰) > Settings > Smart Holds > Focus Time and choose Off for Focus Time event notifications:
Customize individual Focus Time holds
Any time you edit a Focus Time Smart Hold in your calendar, Clockwise will respect these edits and avoid automatically updating them throughout the week. Customize Focus Time in the following ways:
- Edit the title to communicate what you're working on
- Update the duration if Clockwise synced more time than you need
- Drag and drop the timing to ensure it starts when you're ready to focus
- Invite your coworkers for pairing or jam sessions
- Update the description to keep yourself accountable for what you're going to use the time for
Protect Focus Time
To ensure no events are scheduled during a specific block of Focus Time, you can automatically decline new meetings.
- Click on the event in your calendar.
- Choose Do not move it and also decline new meetings from your Clockwise sidebar. -or-
- Press Decline incoming meetings from within your Google calendar
Deleting individual Focus Time events
To delete Focus Time, click on the event in your calendar, then click on the Remove this Hold button from the event details view in the Clockwise sidebar.
💡If you delete Focus Time from any other location, the events will be recreated.