Have you ever had an offsite meeting, and someone schedules a meeting right before it or right after it, not realizing that you need that time to get to the meeting?
Now Clockwise will automatically recognize that a meeting has a location, and protect that time on your schedule.
How Clockwise uses travel time
Clockwise uses machine learning to identify meetings that require travel and automatically holds that time on your calendar. You can visualize the Clockwise travel time by toggling on your Clockwise Private Calendar, or by enabling Travel Time Smart Holds.
Clockwise protects your travel time in three main ways:
- If a meeting on Autopilot conflicts with a travel time block, Clockwise will try to resolve that conflict automatically
- Clockwise will never move a meeting on Autopilot into a time that conflicts with a travel time block
- Clockwise Scheduler will know which times that appear to be free on your calendar or a colleague's calendar actually have conflicting travel time blocks and won't recommend those times.
Sync travel time to your calendar with Travel Time Smart Holds
To turn on Travel Time Smart Holds, go to the "Smart Hold" section in settings, and scroll down to the Travel Time section. There are different ways to use Clockwise Travel Time:
- Sync to your primary work calendar - if you choose this option, Clockwise will automatically create travel time events on your work calendar, visible to anyone who has visibility into your calendar like a normal meeting.
- Not visible to your coworkers, but still used in Autopilot & Scheduler - this is the default option – the travel time events will not be visible to your co-workers. Instead you can see them by toggling on your Clockwise Private Calendar from the list of calendars on the left side of Google Calendar. If you click on one of the Private Calendar travel time events, you can sync individual blocks to your calendar.
- Not used at all - if you don't want Clockwise to utilize travel time for any of your meetings, whether its synced to your calendar or behind the scenes, you can disable it from the "Hours & Availability" section of Settings.
Editing & deleting Travel Time Smart Holds
To edit or delete a Travel Time Smart Hold, first click on the event on your calendar. Currently the length of these holds will default to 30 minutes - if you want to change the duration, edit it from the dropdown menu titled "Duration".