New to Clockwise? Learn more here!
How it works
Clockwise helps you visualize how much time you have for focused work by automatically creating Focus Time events on your calendar. These dynamic calendar events are updated in real time as your calendar changes, so you can always have an up-to-date view of your Focus Time.
Choose how much Focus Time to sync per week
You have a choice between syncing all available Focus Time on your calendar or a maximum amount of hours per week.
From your Menu>Settings>Focus time, lunch, and travel time>Schedule Focus Time on your calendar:
Decide how you display your Focus Time on your calendar
When you set up your Focus Time events, you can choose between two different ways to view your Focus Time:
- On your primary work calendar - coworkers with access to your calendar will be able to see your Focus Time when scheduling with you.
- On your Clockwise Private Calendar - show Focus Time Smart Holds on a private calendar in Google’s “My calendars” list that only you can see.
Customize if your Focus Time event appear as "Free" or "Busy"
When choosing to sync directly to your primary calendar, you'll want to decide your calendar availability during Focus Time:
- Free - this is ideal for users who want to provide and maintain their availability to external contacts, allowing them to book time with you.
- Busy - this is idea for users who truly want to protect their Focus Time by limiting the sense of availability on their calendar to focus on their work.
Disabling alert notifications for Focus Time events
Event alerts can be great to remind you that it is time to switch modes. If you'd like to maintain the notifications for Focus Time events, Clockwise will respect the Google settings that you have enabled from your GCal.
If you do not want an alert to go off reminding you about Focus Time, you can disable them by going to Menu>Settings>Focus Time, lunch, and travel time and choose Off for Focus Time event notifications:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change my event visibility settings from private to public, or public to private?
Yes - you can change your settings at any time from the "Focus Time, lunch, and travel time" section of the Settings menu.
Are the Focus Time events marked as busy or free?
You can choose how your Focus Time is displayed in your calendar between busy and free. Settings>Focus Time, lunch, and travel time>Focus Time>Availability during Focus Time
If my calendar changes, how quickly will the Focus Time event update?
Clockwise Focus Time events are updated in real time – if there is a change to your calendar that impacts your Smart Holds, they will update within seconds.
What is the minimum duration for a block of Focus Time? Can I customize that duration?
The minimum duration for a Focus Time block is 2 hours. Read more about Focus Time here. Unfortunately, that minimum time threshold can't currently be customized.
Can I disable alert notifications for Focus Time events?
Yes. Turn Focus Time notifications off in Settings>Focus Time, lunch, and travel time. Otherwise, alerts will align with your GCal settings.
How do I delete an event from my calendar?
- To delete a Smart Hold, click on the event in your calendar, then click on the "Delete this Hold" button from the Event Details view in the chrome extension. If you delete the blocks from any other location, they will be recreated.
- If you're using the web app, find the link to settings through the event details.
How do I turn off the Focus Time events sync?
To turn off the Focus Time Smart events sync, go to your Settings menu and expand theFocus Time, lunch, and travel time sub-menu. Select "On your Clockwise Private Calendar" to remove any public facing Focus Time events from your calendar. You can also remove the "Clockwise Private Calendar" from your calendar list by toggling it off from the same Smart holds section in Settings.
To access your Focus Time events from settings:
- Chrome extension: Top left corner of your extension through the Menu button
- Web App: Click on your profile avatar and select from the drop down
If you have any questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com.