As work increasingly happens outside the 9-5 workday with hybrid work and more flexible schedules, it’s more important than ever to stay organized by keeping your various personal & work calendars in sync.
Clockwise Personal Calendar Sync can help; in this article you'll learn:
- How Personal Calendar Sync works
- How to set up your Personal Calendar Sync
- Why Personal Calendar events may not sync
- How to delete individual personal events
- How to disable the Personal Calendar sync
How Personal Calendar sync works
The Clockwise personal calendar sync automatically syncs events from your personal Google Calendar account to your work calendar, so you never miss a doctor’s appointment or an important delivery. Even better, none of the personal details are included in the event, so your personal events stay private.
For your privacy, synced events will have the subject "Busy (via Clockwise)" for your coworkers to see. Clicking into the event will only show you the event details. If a synced event changes time or duration on the connected personal calendar, that change will be reflected in your work calendar automatically.
Set up Personal Calendar sync
To enable the Clockwise personal calendar sync:
1. Navigate and click on your settings in Clockwise
2. Scroll down and click on "Smart Holds"
3. Scroll down to personal calendar sync and click on Connect New Calendar to add your personal calendar.
Once the calendar is connected, your personal calendar events that meet the following criteria will automatically sync within a few minutes:
- During the work week (Mon-Fri) and outside of your working hours as well.
- They occur within the next 2 week past the current date - events will continue to be added on a rolling basis
Why personal calendar events might not sync
There are a few reasons why you may not see personal calendar events synced to your work calendar:
- Events will only sync during your working days. If your Clockwise working hours indicate you are off on a particular day of the week, personal events on that day will not sync.
- Events with a "Free" visibility set will not sync.
- Only events scheduled on your primary calendar will sync. Events on a shared calendar, layered with your personal calendar will not sync.
- All Day Events, that you are invited to from your personal calendar, will not be synced over into Clockwise.
Deleting individual events
- If you have an event on your personal calendar that you don't want synced to your work calendar, you can delete the synced event from your work calendar from the Clockwise Chrome extension or using the delete event trash can.
- If you'd like to remove a synced event from the Web App experience, click on the event in your calendar and click on the link to delete the sync from the Clockwise Homepage.
At this time, you can only delete events from your chrome web browser and the web app. If you attempt to delete synced events from mobile or a different calendar client, they will be re-created automatically.
Disabling the sync & deleting all synced events
If you disable the personal calendar sync, all synced events will be deleted from your work calendar.
To disable the sync, go to "Features and integrations" in Settings, and click on the trash can next to the personal calendar you connected.