Getting a daily digest of all of your meetings and Focus Time may not be enough: you may want to be notified ahead of a meeting’s start to be sure to keep yourself on time, or to have the virtual meeting link right at your fingertips as you transition to your next engagement.
This takes a specific configuration between Outlook and Clockwise in order to prevent redundant notifications. Setting this up delivers a notification each time you’re meant to transition to another task, and each time there’s an update – particularly helpful for those last-minute meeting changes!
This setup should follow the setup of our Slack integration, detailed here.
Check your Clockwise Slack settings.
- Install the Clockwise Slack app to your Slack instance.
- Navigate to the Clockwise Slack app Settings located in the App’s Home tab.
- Validate your settings; you may select any time for your daily forecast, opt in/out of flexible meeting move summaries, display title visibility in event syncing, and select whether meetings automatically set your Slack status to Do Not Disturb mode.
Note: Scheduling your daily forecast ahead of your workday start time allows for delivery in non-peak hours; delivery in peak hours may cause a momentary delay in the list of your daily meetings.
Check your Microsoft Slack settings
- Install the Google Calendar Slack app to your Slack instance.
- Navigate to the Google Calendar Slack app Settings located in the App’s Home tab.
- Validate that both sync options, Daily Schedules and Status Sync, are turned off (if turned off, they will read ‘Turn On’ as shown below).
- Select Notification Preferences for the email that matches your Clockwise account.
- Set Event reminders sent… to a time that reflects how soon ahead of an event you wish to receive a meeting notification.
- Set Event updates to on. This allows last-minute updates to add a video conferencing room onto an event to reach you in Slack.
- Click Update.